In 2014, Aussie Chef Darren Farr started The Lokal, a casual Australian Restaurant-Bar with an open kitchen concept, providing customers with honest house-made comfort food from day to night — including butter, sauces, pickles & meats all made on site with good produce. Our name is German for local, an influence that be explained by its proximity to Goethe-Institut Singapore and is also reflective of our diverse and worldly approach towards food that can be enjoyed by the people in Singapore.
In the day, he serves up healthy and hearty brunches like Smashed Avocado with Ricotta, Roasted Pumpkin Salad, and Steak & Eggs, but slowly transits into a cozy and versatile space for casual after-work drinks & comfort food by German Head Chef Max Strauch such as Grilled Pork Chops, Tasmanian Grass Fed Steak Frites and Catch of the Day. Aside from the normal menus, both Chef Darren & Max also prepare Daily Specials with fresh seasonal produce.
Most of the dishes on the menu can be customised to suit your needs.
The bar features a stellar collection of wines, monthly beer specials and easy drinking cocktails with a Lokal touch – all pairing perfectly with our food.
From our brunch menu:
– Kaya Toast, with house-made butter & kaya, 64 degree sous vide egg & toast *substitute the toast to the Gluten Free Country Loaf from The Whole Kitchen; this dish is great if you would like a relatively light breakfast
– The Lokal Ricotta, house-made ricotta and smashed avocado on toast with pomelo, olive oil, almond & sea salt *substitute the toast to the Gluten Free Country Loaf from The Whole Kitchen;
– Roast Pumpkin Salad *this dish is made with quinoa so it’s a nice and healthy gluten free alternative.
From our dinner menu:
– Chicken Liver Parfait *substitute the toast to the Gluten Free Country Loaf from The Whole Kitchen
– Lokal Waldorf Salad
– Grilled 250g Boneless Canadian Pork Chop, comes with shaved brussel sprouts & date slaw
– Roasted Half Kampong Chicken, comes with broccolini & morel cream sauce
Also, we occasionally have gluten-free cakes on the weekends either baked in-house or fresh from The Whole Kitchen, and add a scoop of ice cream as well as they are gluten free!
Do check out our specials board for Catch of the Day as well!
Our chefs are very accommodating to changes in dishes wherever possible. If customers are happy to be surprised, they can inform us via reservations of their dietary requirements / restrictions and the chefs would be happy to whip something off the cuff as well.
136 Neil Road
+65 6423 9918
Monday & Tuesday: 8am – 4pm
Wednesday to Friday: 8am – 10pm
Saturday: 9am – 10pm
Sunday: 9am – 4pm
Gluten Free Singapore makes every effort of research, visit and review restaurants that offer gluten-free options. Restaurant menus, ingredients, staff and preparation practices change often and may not always coincide with this website’s description of them. Gluten Free Singapore cannot guarantee the safety of any eating establishment for gluten-free diners. Always use your own best judgement when eating out.